Friday, December 10, 2010

I'M A FREAKING MARATHONER!!!




Whew!  I made it!  I did it!  It was awesome!  It was fun!  It was a little bit painful... it was a little bit hard...  I'm still paying for it a little bit.
But, running for a purpose and running because people were counting on me got me through those last 3 miles.  It was pretty much smooth sailing the first 23 miles (did I just say 23 miles???!!!  That's a really long ways!) I experienced some pretty debilitating hamstring/calf/quad cramping and was concerned that with just 3 miles left to go my body may not allow me to continue but, I wasn't willing to give up.  I couldn't imagine having to let all of you know that I couldn't finish so I did some intermittent stretching and kept going.  As General Patton once said, "Never let the body tell the mind what to do."  It became an issue of mind over matter and it worked.  I crossed the finish line in 4 hours 6 minutes and 15 seconds.
I can't say it enough but, the support from all my friends, family and people I have never even met but cared enough to send in donations and words of encouragement made finishing possible.

Now for the big announcement of total funds raised!!!!.....

$998.95


Oh, wait!  I just got word that we got a last minute VERY GENEROUS donation from my wife of $1.05!  WooHoo!

$1000.00!


We did it!  We reached our goal of $1000.00!

Thank you all once again!  This would ABSOLUTELY not have been possible without all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment