Sunday, December 19, 2010

So I'm famous...

Here's a picture of 2 of my kids supporting me at mile 15 in Las Vegas.  It was great to see some familiar faces mid race!

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm pretty much a celebrity now...  Okay maybe not, but I did have an interview with THE VEGAN POLICE.  The idea that someone is interested in my story is somewhat profound to me.  I am flattered to say the least!  So if you are interested...  http://theveganpolice.com/main/?p=1238  is the link to the interview.
Also, I am in the planning stages of my next run and I will update everyone once I have found a race that will work with all the schedules in our house.  I initially had intended on running one marathon and checking it off of my "bucket list"... but it was such as awesome experience that I think I may be in the early stages of an addiction.
We are always collecting donations for Farm Sanctuary, even between races so if you would like to donate you can send a check directly to me:

Cory Kalanick
2697 Sun Dr
Hanford, CA
93230

And once I get the next run set up we will open up the account for credit card donations again.

Thank you everyone for your ongoing support!
Speaking of support we ended up with $1040.00!  We received a check in the mail the day that we were preparing the donation for Farm Sanctuary.

2 comments:

  1. The overtime rate for these professionals is at $15.69 to $20.40 per hour. The average working hours of a forest firefighter is 40 hours in a week. Once they go over that, they will be paid the due overtime pay. http://techniciansalary.net/firefighter-salary/. Click here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cory. I saw what you did for Lucy the Kitten online (its going viral). I've read some of your blog posts and I just wanted to say that I have the utmost respect for the way you seem to be living your life.

    As a gay man I am often hesitant if not (sadly) afraid of meeting straight men the more "alpha" they appear the more I feel anxiety and distrust. In the past I have learned that masculinity often means cruelty. However it seems like you are an exception. Your example reminds me that my prejudice and fear is potentially limiting me from meeting other inspirational and amazing people.

    Your compassion for animals, the environment, and your commitment to saving lives is wonderful. Your written voice here is kind, open, enigmatic, and approachable. The actions you've taken and shared show you are a hero both courageous and strong. I hope that the definition of an "alpha man" will grow into something more fitting, more like how one would describe you.

    I am pleased to see on here you have two sons, I hope they aspire to be like their father, as a parent to a 14 year old girl I often worry and hope that when she is grown she will find a man who possess these such qualities. Thank you for inspiring me and best wishes and blessings to you, your wife, and your boys.

    ReplyDelete